Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Spreadsheet Magic

I often get asked about Google Spreadsheets so I thought I'd make one with a few of the cooler things they can do built into it. The first step to share is how to give others a copy of your spreadsheet if you don't want to put it in the Template gallery.

First publish the link and copy the address.

Then put that link on your website and change the end of the spreadsheets address, replacing everything after the & with newcopy so,

this
becomes

Click here for a copy of Spreadsheet Magic.

There are more from templates here: http://sites.google.com/site/kernkelley/forms


2 comments:

  1. Kern, great tip! I tried from our school's Google Apps domain, and when I tested as a student, I only have the option to log into "regular" Google world (not Apps). Do you happen to know if this works in the Google Apps world? Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've used it in a Google Apps Domain, not sure why there would be issues. Are you using the latest generation version of Apps?

    ReplyDelete